VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Community Reintegration Services
About the Program
Community Reintegration Services assists Veterans to reach their highest level of productivity by preparing them for re-entry into the community and the workforce. We serve Veterans that are: eligible for VA health care; committed to being clean and sober; and for those where there is a potential (reasonable expectation) for return to work.
Community Reintegration Services can provide a wide variety of vocational rehabilitation services based on the individual need of the Veteran. Some of these services could include:
- Vocational Assessment
- Vocational Counseling and Resource Development
- Vocational Assistance Class: first Thursday of every month to provide any Veterans with information about resources and other options to increase your employability.
- Employment Preparation/Work Adjustment
- Incentive Therapy Program is setup to provide opportunities for Veteran to participate in therapeutic work. Veterans are placed in work settings within the Medical Centers. Find out more.
- Compensated Work Therapy/Transitional Work Experience Program provides the Veteran the opportunity to improve on basic work behaviors while working in a temporary position at the VA Hospital or the community. As part of the program the Veteran participates in comprehensive job search activities with the goal of obtaining competitive employment. Learn more here.
- Compensated Work Therapy/Supported Employment works specifically with individuals who experience difficulties with long term severe mental health issues. Veterans with mental health disabilities are provided with assistance in regards to locating and maintaining competitive employment to include job coaching. Check out this flyer for more information.
- CWT/Homeless Veteran Supported Employment Program (HVSEP is part of VA’s five year plan to end homelessness among our nations Veterans. The goal of the program is to provide Veterans enrolled in the VA Housing Programs (VJO, G&PD, HCHV, HCRV, DCHV, & HUD/VASH) with employment services to locate and maintain suitable employment. These services may include: customized job development, and competitive community placement with supports. Here's a link to the flyer with more information about the program. HVSEP is connected to the national VA effort to end homelessness. Visit the VA's Homeless Veterans website to find out more.
How to Access Services
If you are a patient interested in CRS services, please ask your physician to send an electronic consult to Vocational Services.
You can also speak to a representative directly by contacting:
American Lake Division: 253-583-1800 or toll free 1-800-329-8387
Seattle Division: 206-277-5569 or toll free 1-800-329-8387
For a program fact sheet, click here.
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm