VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Work Status for Employees
As of Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:17 PM PST
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
Our goal continues to be to provide every Veteran with a vaccine who wants one.
We continue to follow VA’s Vaccination Plan—https://www.publichealth.va.gov/docs/n-coronavirus/VHA-COVID-Vaccine-Plan-14Dec2020.pdf (page 27 is the risk stratification).
Along with vaccines being administered at our Seattle and American Lake campus, we expect to extend to our Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Silverdale and Mount Vernon by the end of January.
- As of January 19, 2021, Veterans 75 years or older are being actively scheduled now for the vaccine.
- Eligible veterans can call 206-716-5716 to schedule, or contact their primary care team.
- Veterans must be health care eligible to be scheduled for vaccination, but do not need to be enrolled in primary care/Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT).
- No walk-in vaccines, by appointment only.
We continue to proactively contact Veterans to make vaccine appointments when it is their turn, so our policy of no walk-in patients outside of emergent care needs remains in place. In addition to our proactive outreach by phone, our Veterans enrolled with a cell phone number listed in their health record will be notified by text about their ability to get the vaccine, and the Veterans will able to respond to the text to make their appointments.
Despite the fluid nature of the pandemic and the limited amount of the initial vaccine, we continue to work diligently to address the prioritization, scheduling, administration, handling, logistics, allocation, safety, wastage, tracking and distribution strategies for our Veterans and staff.
Patient and staff safety remain paramount, and our rigorous safety measures remain in place:
- 100% screening for signs of COVID-19 infection.
- 100% use of approved face masks for everyone entering and inside any of our care sites (if you don’t have one, we will provide you with one; no medical waivers).
- 100% physical distancing.
- No walk-in patients outside of emergent care needs.
- No routine visitors.
- Inpatient Visits:
- Exceptions must be coordinated with your care team in advance.
- Visits 30 minutes or less unless care team believes longer visit is in best interest of the patient.
- Outpatient Visits:
- Patients can bring one person as an escort for navigation assistance or to provide care support.
- Visitor must stay with the patient throughout visit unless specified otherwise by the health care team.
- Approved Visitors:
- Must be approved by care team in advance of visit.
- Must be at least 18-years-old.
- Must adhere to all safety measures.
- Must use hand gel when entering and exiting a care area.
- Are not allowed in the room during aerosol-generating procedures.
- Inpatient Visits:
- No visitors under 18 allowed, with one exception: American Lake’s Child Care Center.
- Do not leave unaccompanied minors outside during your visit.
- 100% environmental cleaning recommendations as outlined by the CDC.
Updates are also featured on our social media: https://www.facebook.com/vapugetsound and https://twitter.com/VAPugetSound. If you would like to receive automated updates via email, please sign up with your email address on our website - https://www.pugetsound.va.gov/index.asp - look under the social media icons on right for "Subscribe to Receive Email Updates."
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.