VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Addiction Treatment Center
About the Program
Our mission is to provide compassionate care and instill hope in recovery. Using the most current and evidence-based approaches, we treat the whole individual, including underlying factors that contribute to problems with substance use. Care is provided by a team of psychologists, social workers, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, chaplains, and/or addiction therapists. Quitting substances is not required to get support. We welcome all substance use-related treatment goals, and celebrate all changes made in the direction of improved health and wellness.
- Inpatient/Outpatient Detoxification Services
- Care Coordination*
- Evening (Seattle & American Lake) and Weekend Hours (Seattle only)
- Gender-inclusive & Gender-specific Treatment Options
- WA State Approved Treatment (for satisfying legal requirements)
- Drug & Alcohol Monitoring
- Evidence-based Therapies - Substance Use & Mental Health Concerns**
- Psychiatric Care
- FDA-approved Medications – Treating: Opiate, Alcohol & Tobacco use disorders (including Methadone & Buprenorphine)
- Overdose Prevention Education & Kit
- Opportunities to Participate in Research Studies
* Referrals can be made for housing resources, finances, mental health, chronic pain, medical/physical health, quitting tobacco, and residential treatment.
** Please note that most therapy is provided in a group format.
*** If you have not already done so, please confirm eligibility for health care services at the VA Medical Center. Call 1-800-329-8387 x76542
How to Enroll:
American Lake Campus
9600 Veterans Drive, Tacoma, WA 98493 Bldg 61, 2nd Floor - Please call 253-583–1759 to set up an initial evaluation.
1660 S. Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108 Bldg 101, 1st Floor - Walk-in: Tues. or Thurs. (Excluding Federal Holidays) at 7:30am for an initial evaluation (no appointment necessary).
Or call 1-800-329-8387 x63318 or 206-277-3318 to make other arrangements.
AML: Bldg. 61, 2nd Floor
SEA: Bldg. 101, 1st Floor
Hours of Operation
- M-F 8:00 - 4:30pm Tues Evenings, Sat. Mornings