VA Puget Sound Health Care System
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
VA PUGET SOUND COVID-19 Update - July 2, 2021
COVID-19 vaccinations are available by appointment to Veterans, spouses, and caregivers at our main campuses: Seattle (Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m. and Fridays 8 to 10 a.m.) and American Lake (currently Mondays from 1 to 3 p.m. and Fridays from 8 to 10 a.m.; starting August 9, Mondays and Fridays from 8 to 10 a.m.). VA Puget Sound is not offering walk-in vaccine appointments. The Seattle campus is currently offering the Pfizer and Janssen vaccines. Beginning the week of August 9, the Seattle campus will offer the Moderna vaccine and 2nd dose only for the Pfizer Vaccine. The Seattle campus will only offer the Moderna vaccine starting in September. The American Lake campus is currently offering the Janssen vaccine. Beginning August 9, the American Lake campus will offer the Moderna vaccine.
Individuals should call 206-716-5716 to schedule a vaccine. If you don't receive care at VA, sign up here (https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine) prior to calling to schedule an appointment.
While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place.
We also continue to maximize personalized virtual care options. We know these services have been a valuable link to our Veterans during this challenging time, providing increased access to care regardless of where you live. Here are some examples of ways you can access care from home:
- Telephone or Video Appointments: Receive care at home—either over the phone or via video using VA Video Connect on your computers, smartphones or tablets. To set up virtual appointments, send your health care team a secure message on My HealtheVet by visiting myhealth.va.gov. Veterans may also call us at 1-800-329-8387.
- Prescription Refills: Veterans can request prescription refills, order and ship medications home using MyHealtheVet or Rx Refill mobile app. Download the app at mobile.va.gov/app/rx-refill. Rx Refill offers a mobile friendly version of the MyHealtheVet (MHV) Rx Refill service that users can download from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Refilling prescriptions just got easier for Veterans thanks to the Rx Refill mobile application’s new barcode scanning feature. While using the Rx Refill mobile app, Veterans can easily manage their refillable VA prescriptions by simply scanning a square barcode. Veterans can:
- Request refills of their VA-issued prescriptions
- Track VA prescription deliveries
- View VA prescription history and access additional medication information on My HealtheVet.
- Secure Messaging: With a free My HealtheVet Premium account, Veterans can send secure messages to their health care team online to ask non-urgent health questions, request referrals and send updates about medical conditions. Other tools and services available to Veterans with the Premium account include, ability to access health records, view military service information and ability to join video visits using the VA Appointments tools. There are two ways to register, online or in-person at a VA facility. With the threat of COVID-19, the in-person option has been suspended.
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only