VA Puget Sound Health Care System
About the Program¬†
Both divisions are fully staffed with social workers to meet the needs of patients. Social workers are members of all major Primary Care teams and are located throughout the health care system and in several community locations.
Social workers help Veterans and their families to resolve emotional, social and economic problems.¬†Help is also provided in dealing with the stress of illness, providing information about the VA and community resources, and planning for the Veteran's care after discharge from inpatient care.
- advance directives
- assistance with alternative living arrangements (nursing homes, State Veteran's homes, board and care homes)
- chemical dependency assessments
- financial information
- HIV Counseling
- home assessment
- information and/or referral to community resources
- individual, family and group therapy
- nursing home respite care
- services coordination
- supportive counseling
Our social workers also work with¬†VA Puget Sound Fisher House¬†to secure lodging for the family members of inpatients who are receiving longer term care.
Ask for a Social Worker in the event of:
- advance directive
- caregiver's stress
- death of a spouse
- discharge Planning
- financial Needs
- general vulnerability
- housing problems
- nursing home placement/eligibility
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- stress from chronic illness
For the main Social Work Office: call 206-764-2646 (or 1-800-329-8387, Ext. 62646).¬†
Social workers are routinely available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm except on holidays.
- VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- 800-329-8387 Ext. 62646
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm