VA Puget Sound Health Care System
About the Program
VA Puget Sound offers comprehensive care for women Veterans. We pride ourselves on providing excellent care for women Veterans in our stand-alone clinics at both American Lake and Seattle Divisions and at our community clinics. These facilities provide a unique setting that is private, respectful and convenient.
We respect patients’ preferences regarding provider gender, for health care and mental health care. We look forward to meeting your health care needs.
• alcohol and drug abuse treatment
• cervical cancer screening
• evaluation and treatment for trauma
• incontinence treatment
• menopause management
• mental health services
• osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
• primary care
• reproductive benefits
• trauma recovery
• screening for HIV/STDs
• social work
Mental health services, including treatment for post traumatic stress disorder and military sexual trauma are also available. Treatment for substance abuse is available as well.
Patients will be referred to community providers for any service not available at VA Puget Sound.
Women Veterans receive comprehensive primary care in our clinics and community based outpatient clinics:
American Lake Division Women’s Clinic: (253) 583-1444
Seattle Division Women’s Clinic: (206) 768-5314
To contact our community based outpatient clinics, please go here.
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA Medical Center nationwide to assist women Veterans and coordinate services. Women Veterans who are interested in receiving care at VA should contact the nearest VA Medical Center.
Women Veterans are assigned to a designated Women’s Health Primary Care Provider who can provide general primary care and is specially trained or experienced in women’s care.
Whole Health - It's All About You
VA’s Whole Health System offers women Veterans proactive and personalized health care—empowering you to achieve your greatest level of health and well-being. Whole Health means the Whole You. From integrative health approaches like stress reduction, nutrition, and health coaching, to traditional clinical care and complementary health approaches—your journey to Whole Health starts here.
Proactive, integrative health approaches such as:
- Health coaching
- Mind-body therapies and stress reduction
- Nutrition and weight management
- Peer support and community resources
- Programs to stop spoking
- Physical therapy and chiropractic services
You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). A provider, nurse, and others will engage with you to manage your health care.
- Primary care: includes general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: includes immunizations and cancer screenings, such as mammogram, Pap, and colonoscopy
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control
- Family planning and preconception counseling
- Maternity and newborn care (first 7 days after birth)
- Osteoporosis screening and management
Gynecology Health Services
Evaluation and treatment for:
- Abnormal Pap test
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Gynecologic cancers
Evaluation, counseling, and treatment for:
- Depression, mood, and anxiety disorders
- Alcohol and drug use and addiction
- Coping with illness
- Intimate partner violence/sexual and domestic abuse
- Military sexual trauma (MST)
- Parenting and caregiver concerns
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Stress adjustment from deployment
- Management of chronic or complex conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and fibromyalgia, as well as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis
- Surgery programs available at most Medical Centers
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy
VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, exercise therapy, recreational therapy, and vocational therapy.